Above: CETCLEVELAND® graduation celebration at South Bay Mental Health in California.
CETCLEVELAND® is a community-based form of Cognitive Enhancement Therapy (CET), an Evidence-Based Practice designed to help people with schizophrenia and related cognitive disorders improve brain and cognitive development, social cognition, and increase vocational capabilities. CETCLEVELAND® is offered through The Center for Cognition and Recovery (CCR), an innovative organization that provides professional training and consultation to community-based and inpatient mental health and human service organizations that wish to provide CETCLEVELAND® to people recovering from schizophrenia and related mental illnesses.
Individuals who participate in CETCLEVELAND® enjoy improved:
- Processing speed/ability to respond to others promptly
- Cognition/thinking (attention, memory, problem solving)
- Social cognition (the ability to interact wisely with others)
- Meaningful roles (e.g. employment)
- Self-management of mental health and physical health
- Adjustment to and acceptance of disability
Organizations who become CETCLEVELAND® Community of Treatment Sites experience:
- Increased clinical staff morale through a new therapy tool for their clients
- Improved sensitivity and understanding among clinical staff who will view clients’ disabilities in an entirely new and more accurate fashion
- A steady, predictable income stream due to high attendance rates (85% to 90%)
A certified CETCLEVELAND™ Community of Treatment Site is viewed as an innovative and contemporary mental health care provider by clients, family members, funding organizations, and your community.